Frank Moore For President 2008

Candidate of the Just Makes Sense Party. Vote for Frank Moore. He gets results!

Saturday, August 09, 2008

NC update

From: Kenyata Sullivan
To: Frank Moore
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: The Goddess Bunny

hey Frank,

we're doing our final push to reach 500 names, wish us luck! There are about 20 of us passing petitions right now; when I went to an art exhibit this evening I was delighted to see a petition at the door - I don't have an accurate count right now since it's a co-ordinated effort, but I feel hopeful. Do you have anyone else working in NC, or are all 500 names up to us? Just checking.

Tomorrow I'm dropping off petitions to the local record stores and comic book stores, I spoke to the owners (friends) this afternoon, and they'll be pushing patrons to sign all week. There are other things going on like that as well, but I won't bore you with the details - on the 4th I'll be hand delivering all of the petitions to the County Board Of Elections (all of our signees are residents of New Hanover County, no sorting necessary).

yata


Frank Moore wrote:
great, kenyata! this is exciting! yep, you are my only operative in n.c.

In Freedom,
Frank Moore


Subject: kenyata, i'm sorry to have to tell you this at this late date...but....
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 03:43:44 -0700
From: Frank Moore
To: Kenyata Sullivan

corey just found out there is another hoop in the n.c. elector process...

"Actually, delivering the petitions to the New Hanover County Board of Elections is only step one of two! The deadline is for the final step. New Hanover needs to check the signatures, and then Kenyata needs to deliver the signatures to the State Board of Elections by NOON, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6TH. I talked to the State Board of Elections today and they said the Counties generally can turn those around in a day or so. The State Board of Elections is in Raleigh, NC. We will have to include a simple form signed by Frank to accompany the final delivery."

we are mailing my form to you this morning by express mail. sorry about this! they don't make it easy! and the kicker is the mainstream candidates don't have to do any of this!

In Freedom,
Frank Moore


Kenyatta wrote:
hey Frank,

Unfortunately, I must admit I'm not as convinced as I was just 48 hours ago that this is going to work out for the best. I've only had a couple of petitioners flake out (no big deal really), but getting the petitions to Raleigh by the 6th, there's the rub.

I always knew there was a second step, but I didn't know the second deadline was within 36 hours of the first one, woosh, and this is proving to be one hell of a hurdle to get over.

I'm still working on it, but wanted to keep you in the loop - k


Frank Moore wrote:
it's an example of how they make it almost impossible to get qualified! but we do the impossible! what we are thinking is getting a courier service to pick up the 500 from you and deliver them before the deadline. corey is looking for such a service? do you know of one? of course, we here will pay for it. and of course all of this depends on if we have 500.

btw, i like working on this with you!

In Freedom,
Frank Moore


Kenyattta wrote:
when i canvassed our team and we learned that no one was gonna be able to take a day off and travel on the 6th, the wind kinda fell out of everyone's sails, most folks quit working.

this, of course, makes me feel like an idiot. this project was totally do-able, and realistically i just blew it by assuming that there would be a reasonable period of time between the county and state boards, and then not realizing that you could perhaps find a currier to fix our time frame. I also didn't launch the effort early enough that none of that would matter, and didn't ask enough questions as far as the timelines go, this is all my fault.

i'm gonna slink off to bed, because i just pretty much took a guaranteed thing and fucked it up. I'm so sorry Frank.


Frank Moore wrote:

which is why the hoops!

In Freedom,
Frank Moore


Frank Moore wrote:
hey, yata...thinking about it...IT AIN'T TOO LATE! I DON'T HEAR NO FAT CHICK SINGING! HIT THE STREET TOMORROW [TODAY] AND GET THOSE NAMES!

In Freedom,
Frank Moore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home