Frank Moore For President 2008

Candidate of the Just Makes Sense Party. Vote for Frank Moore. He gets results!

Friday, November 21, 2008

How effective has our campaign been?

well, i knew we were reaching a wide range of people. but i wasn't prepared to get in the mail a thank you card from http://www.yourfamilyslawyer.com/! he is a mainstream mormon (not to be confused with the bigamist group who endorsed us) lawyer, republican politician (ran for the senate and was a staffer for Sen. Orin Hatch!). the card's front was his picture and inside was this hand-written note...with a smiley face drawn:

From:
Gregory P. Hawkins
Hawkins & Sorensen, LC
5710 South Green Street
Murray, UT 84123

Dear Frank,

Thank you for running. I am very grateful. Citizenship, as you know, is about participation. But, patriotism is about sacrifice. I know by experience the sacrifice it takes to run for public office.

I applaud you! You are a patriot. Our governing systems are much less about ideology than they are about process. It is the process that secures our liberty. You have invigorated the process. God Speed.

Greg

Thank you!


Frank Moore wrote:

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hi, Greg,

Your card meant a lot to me. I totally agree with what you say about process and citizenship, participation, ideology, sacrifice, and patriotism. A lot of people think running for office is all about “winning.” Especially for a write-in candidate like myself, “winning” is a very minor/remote possibility. I ran to introduce new ideas, new possibilities…to inject hope…and to change the process. We did that! Our campaign forced several states to change their election procedures, as just one example. Utah was one of those states. At first it looked like Utah didn’t allow write-ins. But on the advice of Richard Winger of Ballot Access, we pushed. Then we were told I would have to come in person to Salt Lake and pay $500. We pushed some more. It finally turned out Utah legally is one of the easiest states in which to qualify as a write-in. But you have to push!

You and I probably don’t agree on a lot of things. But we agree on the basics!

Btw, I am a military brat too. My dad was in the Air Force. My mom was from Utah. From 9 to 13 [I’m 62 now], I went to special education schools in Ogden and Salt Lake. Then we lived in Germany.

Again thanks for writing.

In Freedom,
Frank Moore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home